Re: d-i preseed/late_command to append a file content in the user's .bashrc

El 14/08/15 a las 10:00, Federico Bruni escribió:
> Il giorno ven 14 ago 2015 alle 14:51, Fernando Toledo
> <ftoledo@docksud.com.ar> ha scritto:
>>
>>     Thanks, no error during the installation but the cat command does
>>     not work. Perhaps the ~ does not work in that stage?
>>
>> maybe, but if you want to update you /root/.bashrc i think that you
>> can put int on config/includes.chroot/root/.bashrc
>
> It's not for root, it's for the installed user.
> I wanted to use preseed.cfg to remove my custom .bashrc in
> config/includes.chroot/etc/skel (as explained in my first message).

Ah ok!, in-target run as root on debian installer context the ~ (if is
expanded) i gues to be expandes as /root you must change to
/home/you_user/.bashrc

But i thinking that the user was not created in that satage.

do you see if the /var/log/syslog show as error?
you can change to the 4th tty with alt+f4 or open a shell in a tty2 and
inspect the /var/log/syslog output

--
Fernando Toledo
Dock Sud BBS