Re : Re: Add a package to a liveCD?

----- Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> a écrit :

> > > The end-of-time goal is that it is transversal. But ATM it is completely
> > > useless to enable it on desktop where it will just not work. That's why
> > > it is currently not enabled in all tasksels for installed systems.
> > > That's the same for liveCDs: there is no point in making the image
> > > bigger if it's useless.
> >
> > Well... the image should not be much bigger.
>
> Installing gnome-orca, atk, qt-at-spi, etc. will make it bigger.

Yes but they are already installed, because shipped in tasksel for MATE and GNOME. Hence the fact it will not be so hard to "finish" the accessibility of the installed system and livecds.

> > It does not add anything, it only passes gsettings commands to enable what is needed in the dconf and others.
>
> Actually I'll probably propose at debconf to just always enable these
> bits for installed systems too, so that only orca needs to be started.
> That just solves the problem.

Excellent. And it does not create problems I think. The last point will be just installing brltty on the livecd and seeing the conditions of its activation on the livecd and installed system.

The point will be, if accepted, to know wether we wait for Debian stretch or if we include this in next debian 8.

regards