Re: About modifying live-images

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 05:41:52AM +0200, Daniel Baumann wrote:
>Steve,
>
>I'm rather unhappy about seeing local modifications done on top of
>live-images here:
>
>http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-cd/pettersson-live.git/tree/available/run-30live-build
>
>please don't do that and either tell us about things you find out, or
>even commit them directly to the debian-next branch of live-images in
>the first place (that branch is world-writable, see live-manual for
>instructions).

I was working quickly to try and get live-build/live-images to produce
good working images for the Jessie release. When I saw things like
out-of-date graphics a few days before the release and no apparent
urgency for fixes, I was more worried about making the release than
playing nice.

I'll submit bugs with patches in the next few days as I have time,
don't worry.

"Further comment on how I feel about IBM will appear once I've worked out
 whether they're being malicious or incompetent. Capital letters are forecast."
 Matthew Garrett, http://www.livejournal.com/users/mjg59/30675.html