Re: Testing tails-greeter in Wheezy's Debian Live

El 23/11/14 a las 18:04, intrigeri escribió:
Hi,

I suggest to send the questions aimed at Tails developers to... Tails
developers => tails-dev@boum.org.

Ok, I will do.

adrian15 wrote (23 Nov 2014 15:42:11 GMT) :
1) I did a search in tails repository packages (apt-file) and there was no
"live-persist" executable. What makes it possible that Tails live cd
has such a file?

It's in our main Git repository:
https://tails.boum.org/contribute/git/

I see now. Any plan on packaging it or does not make sense?

2) Do you have in mind having a variable inside tails-greeter to disable or hide
non-specific Debian Live features like persistence or encription (Yes, I know that
Debian Live has persistence but I'm pretty sure it's different from the Debian Live
one) ?

What do you mean with "different from the Debian Live one" exactly?
Well, that a look at my fork here:
https://github.com/adrian15/tails-greeter/commits/rescatux_0.32

The options which are found in 'More options' dialog and their associated actions/setups.

That would be useful for not having to fork tails-greeter and have a common
base code.

Sure. I guess we would be happy to take good patches that make our
Greeter more generic :)
Great.

3) Both: [...]

I don't have the answer to these questions on top of my head.
Ok.

4) When I install tails-greeter apart from tails-greeter package itself there are
some packages that are download from tails repository. These are:

python-dbus-dev
python-dbus

Taking a look at:
https://git-tails.immerda.ch/greeter/tree/debian/control?id=tails-greeter_0.8.5
I guess this is happening because your repo versions are newer than the wheezy ones.

Should I do apt-pinning into these packages so that the I only fetch tails-greeter
from your repository?

Yes.
Ok, having done a fork tails-greeter I no longer have this problem about your repository then.

5) I suppose no one in Tails is planning on rewriting tails-greeter into QT instead
of GTK, isn't it?

Indeed. GTK works fine for us, and we're using GNOME, so it's better
integrated and looks nicer.
Ok, then.

6) (Kind of offtopic) Any reason why your wheezy dist in your repo has no packages?

I wasn't aware we had a "wheezy" suite. If we indeed have one, well,
it's not being used. Our APT repo layout is documented there:
https://tails.boum.org/contribute/APT_repository/
Ok.

Thank you for your input. I'll try to ask remaining questions to the Tails development mailing list.

adrian15
--
Support free software. Donate to Super Grub Disk. Apoya el software libre. Dona a Super Grub Disk. http://www.supergrubdisk.org/donate/