Re: Isolinux and Multi language - How do you want it?

Hi,

Ronny Standtke wrote (26 Oct 2014 13:48:31 GMT) :
> A custom dm greeter is very nice but doesn't start it too late to ask
> questions like:

Probably yes if one wants to support all possible Debian live options.
Not for the usecases we use Tails Greeter.

>   * Do you want to use persistence? And if yes:

No. We've refactored and extended live-boot's persistence code a few
years ago so that we could do that in our greeter.

>       o What kind of storage device do you want to use for persistence?

We don't allow the user to choose that interactively. A GPT partition
with label TailsData, on a removable drive, that contains a LUKS
volume is considered to be a valid persistence device in our context.

>       o Do you want to use persistence read-only or read-write?

Our greeter does offer this choice.

>       o What kind of encryption to you want to use for persistence?

We only support LUKS.

>   * What kind of storage device do you want to use for your live-media?
>   * What kernel parameters (we currently have visual support for
>     nolapic_timer, nohz=off, quiet, splash, debug) do you want to enable
>     or disable when booting?
>   * What other kernel parameters do you want to use when booting your
>     system?
>   * Do you want to boot this Debian Live system or
>       o just check the integrity of your live media?
>       o boot from another device?
>       o just show some info about the hardware?

Of course a DM greeter is too late for all this. That's not what this
thread is about, though :)

Cheers,
--
intrigeri