Re: Failure to build Jessie with MATE

I have just started a totally fresh build on a new Jessie install.
I will report back what happens.

>I've seen the errors, yes. But not the config. So far as I can tell,
>nobody but you has. Try checking the list archives to see if they
>contain the config. I couldn't find it there, either.

I have to ask the question that if you saw the email of August 7 yet the configs
didn't come through why didn't anyone say so and ask for them? and why after
 checking the list yourself and finding they are not there are you telling me to try
 and check the list to see if they are there? I don't doubt your word on the matter.
 I am happy to oblige as best  as I can but I can't help those who are helping
me if the entire email gets ignored  just because gmail or the list software
dropped the attachments.

The build you tested fine was built on the web builder, mine are built on my laptop.
I do not doubt you are able to build successfully and I would hope with software that
is stable that you and Daniel at least are able to but I haven't and this is not a competition
between you and I. You can be ahead of me, I don't want to be ahead of anyone I
asked ages ago for a little help not for a competition. I have multiple wheezy installs
 to work on Live Build 3.x and I have multiple Jessie installs to work on Live Build 4.x.
 I am yet to get a successful  build with 4.x . I am hoping this new one works but if it
doesn't I will give you as much info as you require.

On 4 October 2014 08:09, Ben Armstrong <synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:
On 03/10/14 12:33 PM, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> p.s. I just kicked off a Jessie + Mate build on the web builder and it
> completed successfully. I haven't tested the resulting image yet, but
> already I'm ahead of you in that the build succeeds. If your builds
> aren't succeeding you either: 1) are still on a too-old version or 2)
> have problems specific to your config or 3) both :)

I tested that build just now. It not only builds fine, but also boots to
the desktop fine.

Ben