Re: 'lb init' needs root privileges?

Il giorno dom 25 mag 2014 alle 12:11, Diederik de Haas <didi.debian@cknow.org> ha scritto:
On Sunday 25 May 2014 11:58:39 Federico Bruni wrote:
I think that in version 3 I was allowed to run 'lb init' as normal user. On version 4 I get this:
lb init is something new in v4. In v3 you'd run 'lb config' as a normal user.
$ lb init E: need root privileges
I can't think of a more clear answer to your question then that.

Well, I wrote to suggest that the documentation should be updated.
'lb config' also must be run as root:

$ lb config
[2014-05-25 12:13:51] lb config
P: Updating config tree for a debian/jessie/amd64 system
/usr/lib/live/build/config: 893: /usr/lib/live/build/config: cannot create config/common: Permission denied

$ sudo lb config
[2014-05-25 12:14:45] lb config
P: Updating config tree for a debian/jessie/amd64 system

I prefer that config/ files belong to normal user. I'll change the owner manually.