Re: lb build stop after setting up the dctrl-tools package

Hi there and thanks for replying.

according to your suggestions, I've amended my config file as follow:

===============
auto/config file:
-----------------------
#!/bin/sh

lb config noauto \
--architectures i386 \
--linux-flavours "686-pae 486" \
--distribution wheezy \
--cache-indices true \
--debug \
--dump \
--mirror-bootstrap http://http.debian.net/debian \
--mirror-chroot http://http.debian.net/debian \
--archive-areas "main non-free contrib" \
--security true \
--firmware-chroot true \
--verbose \
--bootappend-live "config boot=live persistence" \
"${@}"
=====================

and then I deleted all the other files in the build directory, ran the "lb clean --purge" command and then ran the "lb config" and the "lb build" commands but the build process has been stopped just at the same point after the configuration of the dctrl-tools package. please be noted that I've removed the 'testing' version of live-build package and used at the 'stable' version of this tool.

here's the build.log file again: http://pastebin.com/T4gjtGVC

Regards,

atar.

Hi,

Sometimes it is really hard to tell why a build process fails.
However, I found too many "inconsistencies" in your configuration
which could be the reason for your problem. This is usually caused by
an unclean build environment. So the logical step would be to run a

 # lb clean

and then try to build again

 # lb build

Or you could also start your build system in a brand new directory (up
to you to decide).

The inconsistencies I'm talking about are, for example:

In your auto/config you have (I copy and paste just part of it):

--cache-indices true \
--debug \

BUT your config/common says:

config/common: # $LB_CACHE_INDICES: control if downloaded package
indices should be cached
config/common: # (Default: false)
config/common: LB_CACHE_INDICES="false"

OR

config/common: # $_DEBUG: enable debug
config/common: # (Default: false)
config/common: #_DEBUG="false"

Hence I supposed you were "re-using" your build system after changing
some variables. Not a good idea :)

Apart from that, in your auto/config, most of your options are already
defaults, so you do not need to set them, since live-build already
does it for you. These are all defaults:

--binary-images iso-hybrid \
--chroot-filesystem squashfs \
--apt-recommends true \
--bootloader syslinux \
[...]
--firmware-chroot true \
--updates true \
--backports true \
--system live \

Cleaning your auto scripts is a good idea because it helps you
identify your failing cases faster and more easily for you and for
everybody else.

Also, I noticed you are using live-build 4.0.3-1. I haven't tried to
build wheezy with this version, but I guess there should be no problem
with that. But again, I haven't tried it.

So please, revise your config and start again from a clean state and
see if you succeed.

Good luck.

--
chals