Re: debian-live cdimages too large for CD-ROM?

On 15 September 2014 15:10,  <ABalliet@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I may have missed a notice somewhere, but the current cdimages at
> http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/release/7.6.0-live/i386/iso-hybrid/
> seem to be too large and do not fit on a regular CD-ROM (700MB).
> Is there a trick or workaround to burn them?
> Do I need to use 'wodim -raw96r' and/or 'wodim -overburn'?
> I've checked the FAQ, Debian-Wiki, Mailinglist, etc. but was not able to find anything
> that would help me to solve this problem.

Hello,

these images are created by installing a task package like
gnome-desktop. This task is designed to install gnome desktop and not
to fit on a CD. You can use a DVD or select a smaller image. eg.
rescue image should fit on 800M extra long CD, standard image should
fit on standard CD.

HTH

Michal