Re: live v netinst

On 09/01/2014 10:25 AM, Padraig wrote:
> In terms of the final packages installed is there any difference between
> a netinst ( selecting xfce in advanced) and a prbuilt live XFCE image ?

in some cases, there is, yes.

in the live image, we include the laptop task. the installer image will
only install that (or suggest to install it) if the system has been
detected as a notebook.

in the live image, we include open-vm-tools and
virtualbox-guest-additions{,-x11} packages. the installer image will
only install (or suggest to install) virtualbox-guest-additions{,-x11}
if the system has been detected as a virtualbox vm.

in newer live images, we do remove
virtualbox-guest-additions/open-vm-tools if the package have been
installed on the image but not selected manually by the user through
other means, resulting in a default-removal even on vbox systems (yes,
that is a bug that should be reported/fixed in live-installer).

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net