Re: Closing on the Jessie Cycle and Starting the Jessie+1 Cycle

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 11:47 PM, Federico Bruni <fede@inventati.org> wrote:
> Il 28/ago/2014 23:13 chals <chals@chalsattack.com> ha scritto:
>>
>> I will try to work on the translations as much as I can. I think
>> live-manual will be ready to be released in Catalan, French, Spanish,
>> Japanese, Polish and hopefully in Italian (there are still many fuzzy
>> strings and several untranslated strings in the Italian translation
>> but we will try to make it in time)
>>

> Who is we? How is the translation work organized? I may give some little help with italian translation

In this context, "we" means "all the people contributing to the
translations". Usually is the case that translators work at their own
pace, but eventually, the translation teams for each language are
notified about the existence of the translation being worked on. This
notifications serves two purposes at the same time:

- On the one hand, there is no duplication of efforts. It would be a
pity that several people started translating the same file/files only
to discover that several other people have already taken on the same
task.

- On the other hand, the  translation list for each language can
suggest changes, improvements, send patches and so on and so forth.

The overall idea is to produce the best translation possible.

So, if you are willing to give a hand with the Italian translation,
your help is more than welcome. You do not need to be subscribed
anywhere, what is more, you only have to take a look at the
instructions posted on this thread in a former message and ask if you
are in doubt (here on the mailing list or on the irc channel). The
great advantage of this workflow is that everybody can work very
independently forming a unified whole at the end. All means serve the
same end, so to speak.

Thank you very much for your help :)

--
chals