DL580-Gen8 Problems with new HP-UEFI

Hi,

I’m currently trying to get a brand new HP DL580 Gen8 booted into a live image. In difference to the DL380 Gen8 the DL580 Gen8 has an UEFI.

I got a pre-release of the box in December and it worked fine, as it had the same Bios as the old Gen7, but the final UEFI-version doesn’t work at all with the current live system (debian7 - pxe-boot, build with live-build 3.0.5). If I switch back to Legacy mode it boots as usual,..

I made some own Images and tried out some of the live images but none of the worked in any way. The only image that is working with the new HP-UEFI is the official  Debian 7.6 netinstall ISO.  It moans “ Error: prefix not set” in first Grub-Screen, but after a while it shows the normal install dialog J

I use my live-system just for automated Inventory maintenance and firmware patching, so I don’t need the installer. Could it be, that the bit of magic that makes the net-installer UEFI-bootable, comes just with the  installer packages   ????

I’m digging in the live image-git repos for hours and I haven’t found components for uefi-systems in any of them (efi-reader or grub-efi packages or hooks, etc.).

Before I start with the “try and error” process, I would like to ask if somebody has the config for the net-install-iso-7.6

Best regards and thanks in advance

Sandro Wabner

BBS-IAO-GIS-HPS-VCT

Bayer Business Services GmbH
Gebäude B151
51368 Leverkusen, Deutschland

E-Mail: sandro.wabner@bayer.com
Web:
http://business-services.bayer.com

Please visit our anniversary website:

http://www.150.bayer.com

Geschäftsführung: Daniel Hartert, Vorsitzender   |   Wilhelm Oehlschläger, Arbeitsdirektor
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Werner Baumann
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Leverkusen   |   Amtsgericht Köln, HRB 49895