Can't open /scripts/live

It looks like there's a problem with booting a live system. My setup is
always the same:

# apt-cache policy live-build
live-build:
  Installed: 4.0~alpha33-1
  Candidate: 4.0~alpha33-1
  Version table:
 *** 4.0~alpha33-1 0
        500 http://ftp.pl.debian.org/debian/ sid/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     4.0~alpha32-1 0
        130 http://ftp.pl.debian.org/debian/ experimental/main amd64
Packages
     3.0.5-1 0
        500 http://ftp.pl.debian.org/debian/ stable/main amd64 Packages
        900 http://ftp.pl.debian.org/debian/ testing/main amd64 Packages

+ config:

#!/bin/sh

set -e

lb config noauto \
        --apt aptitude \
        --apt-recommends true \
        --apt-secure true \
        --distribution jessie \
        --binary-image hdd \
        --archive-areas "main contrib non-free" \
        --bootappend-live "\
boot=live \
config \
locales=pl_PL.UTF-8,en_US.UTF-8 \
keyboard-layouts=pl \
timezone=Europe/Warsaw \
persistence \
persistence-encryption=luks \
persistence-media=removable \
persistence-label=data \
nottyautologin \
noeject \
swapon \
hostname=livemor \
" \
        --bootstrap debootstrap \
        --mirror-bootstrap http://ftp.pl.debian.org/debian/ \
        --mirror-binary http://ftp.pl.debian.org/debian/ \
        --architecture amd64 \
        --linux-flavours "amd64" \
        --linux-packages "linux-image linux-headers" \
        --bootloader syslinux \
        --debian-installer-distribution daily \
        "${@}"

+ packages:

vim
mc
cryptsetup
lvm2
smplayer
vlc
spacefm
keepass2
gparted
parted
gajim
geany
convertall
disk-manager
filezilla
gsmartcontrol
meld
ntp
hddtemp
lm-sensors
fancontrol
terminator
pv
testdisk
gdisk
apt-file

task-gnome-desktop
task-laptop
task-desktop

I also have experimental repo enabled in the live chroot environment and
all live-* packages should be installed from it:

# cat archives/experimental.pref.chroot
Package: live-*
Pin: release o=Debian,a=experimental
Pin-Priority: 600

The image builds, but it doesn't boot. The problem is: no live-boot
package installed in the live system at all. I'm not sure what packages
should be installed in the live system, but I tried to uncompress the
squashfs file and use chroot on in. Then I installed the following
packages:

live-boot-initramfs-tools
live-boot
live-config

After this, I recreated initramfs and compressed the file system. I
also copied the two files:

initrd.img
vmlinuz

from the chroot environment to the live folder on my pendrive -- it
boots now.