Re: [Pkg-fglrx-devel] Fwd: Re: Rationale for using non-free video drivers in live images

Sorry Daniel- I missed that the live-config script was checking /usr/share/fglrx/fglrx.ids.  It looks like the default handling of debian live if prop drivers are installed is very, very good.

For nvidia prop drivers, there is the current one, provided by:
nvidia-kernel-dkms
xserver-xorg-video-nvidia
nvidia-glx

and 3 legacy ones, provided by:
nvidia-kernel-legacy-173xx-dkms
xserver-xorg-video-nvidia-legacy-173xx
nvidia-glx-legacy-173xx

nvidia-kernel-legacy-96xx-dkms
xserver-xorg-video-nvidia-legacy-96xx
nvidia-glx-legacy-96xx
nvidia-kernel-legacy-71xx-dkms
xserver-xorg-video-nvidia-legacy-71xx
nvidia-glx-legacy-71xx

Is it recommended we install all 12 packages for maximum compatibility? Or is Nouveau known to overlap with some of the legacy ones?  Is there any guidance on compatability vs space usage?

Thanks,
Corey

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 11:44 PM, Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net> wrote:
On 02/20/2014 02:03 AM, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> fglrx-driver ships /usr/share/fglrx/fglrx.ids

yes, and we already use that as of live-config 4.0~a8-1 (2012-12-06) and
newer.

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net