Re: Q: How to live-build sid?

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 8:33 PM, Ozi Traveller <ozitraveller@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using the latest scripts from experimental 4.0~alpha31-1 and am using a sid build environment.
>
> Despite the message (see below), this file does exist.
> /usr/bin/env

Hi,

I have really *not* tried 4.0~alpha31-1 The one I'm using at the
moment is 4.0~alpha30-1 so it is possible that there is something in
the changelog that can cause this but the error message that you get
in respect to /usr/bin/env is a typical error when any of the options
are not correctly specified:

> chroot: failed to run command ‘/usr/bin/env’: No such file or directory

> config:
> #!/bin/sh
>
> set -e
>
> lb config noauto \
>         --apt-recommends false \
>         --apt-options "--yes --no-install-recommends" \
>         --apt-secure true \
> --apt-indices false \
>         --distribution "sid" \
>         --archive-areas "main contrib non-free" \
>         --mirror-bootstrap "http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/"; \
>         --mirror-binary "http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/"; \
>         --architecture "amd64" \
>         --linux-flavours "amd64" \
> --debian-installer live \
> --debian-installer-distribution daily \
> --memtest none \
> --security false \
> --updates false \
> --debug \
> --verbose \
> --win32-loader false

It might be that you are missing a trailing backlash after your last
option and also the positional parameter "${@}" to parse all the
options.

Check an example auto script:

http://live.debian.net/manual/stable/html/live-manual.en.html#318

I hope this is the reason why it fails for you. Please, try again.

Good luck

--
chals
www.chalsattack.com