Re: apt-get install in hooks

Greetings,

On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 2:20 PM, Kamil Czekirda <kczekirda@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I'm using hooks in my debian-live in wheezy.

I've tried to install software in very simple script:

#!/bin/sh
echo "HOOK: install htop"

apt-get update
apt-get install htop

But Processing triggers for man-db complitly crashes system. I must
hardly restart machine.

I can make apt-get update in hooks and manualy install package after
login, but I want to change list of packages automaticly.

For me it's a good way to configure debian without repacking squashfs
and making personal configuration, isn't it?

If you are building your own images see the manual (assuming you are using stable live-build 3x):

http://live-systems.org/manual/stable/html/live-manual.en.html#430

If you are not able to build your own, you can use the cgi builder http://cgi.build.live-systems.org/cgi-bin/live-build  and add the packages you want on the cgipackages.list.chroot: area (note the cgi builder only uses the main archive area).

Hope this information assists.

Thanks for help.

Kamil Czekirda