boot failed!

I was trying to install debian 7.0.0 i386 with a live usb, but boot failed.

Unable to find a medium containing a live file system

BusyBox v1.20.2 (Debian 1:1.20.0-7) built-in shell (ash)

/bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
(initramfs)

the installation fails also with linux mint (both ubuntu based and debian based) and ubuntu.

I don't know if it is relevant but during booting I get the fellowing error:

usb 1-7: device not accepting address -5, error -110

cat: can't open '/sys/block/*/removable': No such file or directory

I tried to modify some parameters in the bios for sata drive, and I enabled 32 i/o (that is the only option I can modify) but nothing changes.

I am very interested in any suggestion