Re: Bootstrap issue while installing dctrl-tools

Hi Daniel,

On 24. Juni 2013 at 14:27:24, Daniel Baumann (daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net) wrote:
On 06/22/2013 04:43 PM, Julian Pawlowski wrote:
> May I suggest to add some improvements to chroot_package-lists to check
> for a newline at the end of files and print an error message if it's
> missing?

if live-build fails to work with package lists that have no newline at
the end, then that cause needs to be fixed, not the symptom (of failing
silently).

Surely that would be the ideal solution. I wasn't sure if you would categorize this as an issue.

however, i cannot reproduce it with live-build 3.0.5-1. what version
have you been using, and how *excatly* did does your package list look
like (please attach it if possible).

I am using the latest version from Sid (3.0.5-1), just checked this once again.

This is the change I made to my package list. Afterwards the build was running smoothly.

https://github.com/amooma/GBE/commit/1f96ffafbb50e90cb074b893700eda4178dd3380

Regards,

Julian