Re: Error Debian installer launcher on Desktop

i think same about

"give you different current
working directory afterwards, which changes where debian-installer looks
for the preseed.cfg"

but "env" run with -i ("This exclude other enviroment") and I use argument for sutoroot and gksu with persistent enviroment and fail.

i try again and attach the log files + more information

thanks for reply.

2013/3/27 Ben Armstrong <synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca>
On 27/03/13 09:00 AM, _ wrote:
> the preseed.cfg exists:
>
> 1. one copy /cdrom/install/preseed.cfg
> 2. Other copy en / (root) debian installer (into initrd).

My theory is su-to-root and sudo probably give you different current
working directory afterwards, which changes where debian-installer looks
for the preseed.cfg, but I haven't done any testing of the launcher with
preseed.cfg nor looked at what d-i expects yet. This gives you something
to tinker with, though, and maybe find out what's going on.

Please file a bug on debian-installer-launcher providing all details
(text is preferred over screenshots). I'll get to this one once I've
taken care of other higher priority issues. I can't guarantee a fix
before wheezy releases, though, as we are *deep* into the freeze.

That being said, I'm working on a new release (version 16) of
debian-installer-launcher to be uploaded in the next couple of days. If
you can assist in figuring out what's up in that timeframe, we stand a
better chance of getting it solved for the wheezy release.

Ben