Re: How to change root and user password and delete default user sudo permissions

Greetings,

On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 9:50 AM, <debmailist@safe-mail.net> wrote:

Hello

I've already did that and still I'm not sure how to do it. I know that I can change default user name by --bootappend-live "boot=live config username=JOHN_DOE", But what if I want to delete this default user completly,

Not sure why you would want to do this, but create a hook to do so or drop something in rc.local or you could look at live-noconfig and disable the things you do not want.

prevent him from autologin,

live-config.noautologin

romove his sudo permissions,

live-config.noroot

and add a new user with new password.

run a hook, live-config.hooks

I can't find any informations about these things in manual.

Most of the above comes from man live-config. It is really worth your time to read about all the things it empowers you to do.

There is only some vague info about changing delault user password via passwd hook, but I'm not sure how it should be done.
Can all those things be manually done in chroot via --interactive shell?

My best advice is to configure a system with latest live-build and work through one item.

Greetings,