Re: Building debian sid amd64 from sid, build just stops no error

Hi

I trying to create a 64bit sid image. I'm doing the build on a 64bit sid system using version 3.0.5-1 of live-build. The end of the build.log is below.

I have attached all the files I use for the build including the full build log, which includes stderr output.

I can do a stable build that produces an image that installs and launches to a working desktop.

I'm hoping for some help in finding out why my sid build stops without any error messages or any indication as to why it stopped..

I'm just wonder what I need to do a build that will produce a sid image?

Could someone tell me where in the scripts
           Reading package lists...
           Building dependency tree...
           Reading state information...
these steps are, as I want to understand what is happening at this point. Is there some further diagnostics that I can turn on?

Cheers
Ozi

[2013-11-12 07:18:21] lb chroot_preseed
P: Begin executing local preseeds...
[2013-11-12 07:18:21] lb chroot_package-lists install
P: Begin queueing installation of package lists (install pass)...
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Suggested packages:
  debtags
  dctrl-tools
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 170 kB of archives.
After this operation, 571 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ sid/main dctrl-tools amd64 2.23 [170 kB]
Fetched 170 kB in 2s (61.0 kB/s)
Selecting previously unselected package dctrl-tools.
(Reading database ... 10943 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking dctrl-tools (from .../dctrl-tools_2.23_amd64.deb) ...
Processing triggers for man-db ...
Setting up dctrl-tools (2.23) ...
P: Begin unmounting filesystems...
P: Saving caches...