How to capture changed files on demand?

With casper, the "show-cow" boot parameter makes the /cow filesystem visible. The /cow filesystem contains all the file changed in a live CD session, so I can capture them to a persistence image when I want to.

The closest boot parameter available in live-boot is "showmounts". However, showmounts only makes the base filesystem visible; there is no cow filesystem, and the "overlay" mount is empty, even though some files have changed.

Is it possible to make the cow filesystem (or its equivalent that contains all the changed files) visible with live-boot?

Thanks,
Ka-Hei