Re: How to convert installed system to live-CD

what you're asking about is if live-build has a way to populate a
configuration tree by autodecting things from a given existing system,
in order to build a live system image with that configuration afterwards.

we used to have some example code in live-build to allow this, but it
turned out that it's a bad idea and we removed it.

the recommendation is to follow the proper way: create an empty
configuration tree, add the list of packages, the list of includes (if
any), and the hooks you might need/want (if any), and then build your
system in a clean and sustainable way from that.

see live-manual for examples and tutorials.

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net