replace the filesystem image's file

Hi there!!

Recently, I wanted to replace the default filesystem image's file that live-boot come with. I am already know that the live filesystem is the compressed squash filesystem, so I've understand I need to recreate a new squash filesystem from the files I want to be included in the live filesystem.

I've downloaded the 'mksquashfs' and the 'unsquashfs' tools and using them, I've created a new squash filesystem in the 'xz' compression method (because I've noticed that the default squash filesystem of the live-boot is in the 'xz' format.

Using my Microsoft Win-XP, I've replaced the 'filesystem.squashfs' file in the live media with my newly created squashfs and reboot into the live-boot system. unfortunately, the system fails to boot.

My question is: what's wrong with my newly created 'filesystem.squashfs' file?

Thanks in advance!!

atar.