Re: How could I change the default user password?

On Wed, Aug 07, 2013 at 06:58:28PM -0300, Dionisio E Alonso (Baco) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to change the default live user password, but I don't
> find the cleanest way to do so. I would like to provide via a hashed
> provided by mkpasswd, because I don't want to write the password in
> plain in my scripts.
>
> Which is the cleanest way to achieve that?

I've tried this, before running ``lb build``, I do:

  $ cp --parents --preserve=mode /lib/live/config/*-{live-debconfig_passwd,user-setup} config/includes.chroot

  $ sed -i -e 's/\(_PASSWORD=\)\(.*\)/\1\"LLf14OHhPDw82\"/' config/includes.chroot/lib/live/config/*-{live-debconfig_passwd,user-setup}

to replace the password with the hash of my custom password.

The result is that user-setup does not create any user when booting the
image and I have no way to login then :-/

Any hint on why user-setup is refusing to create the live user now?

regards,
--
Dionisio