Re: Bug: config/apt/preferences ignored

On 20/08/13 05:25 AM, Robert Spencer wrote:
> With live-build 3.0.5-1 on squeeze config/apt/preferences is ignored.

On squeeze? May I ask why you're still running a release that is nearly
EOL? It's highly recommended you upgrade to wheezy as very soon you'll
no longer be supported. For that reason, and the others Daniel provided,
there's no point in filing a bug.

Also, you did not furnish proof that config/apt/preferences is ignored ...

> config/apt/preferences:
>
> Package: cron
> Pin: version *
> Pin-Priority: -1
>
> Package: logrotate
> Pin: version *
> Pin-Priority: -1
>
> Package: rsyslog
> Pin: version *
> Pin-Priority: -1
>
> cron, logrotate and rsyslog still get installed.

No, that is not proof. Proof would be some apt-cache policy output at
the time those get installed to show that there are no -1 pin priorities
for these packages.

Pinning something -1 only prevents installation if nothing directly
depends on or installs these. For example:

hypothetical package 'foo' has Depends: cron and 'foo' is in on of your
package lists. cron will still be installed.

OR:

'cron' is actually in one of your package lists.

Please always include complete output of commands demonstrating the
problem when you report problems.

Thanks,
Ben