Re: can't find init when using --bootappend-live persistence

Hi,

the problem is solved. It was a feature and not a bug. I guess I got confused
by:

1.  many sources [1,2,3] claiming that it was enough to run:

	lb config --bootappend-live "persistence"

2. the fact that the default value for LB_BOOTAPPEND_LIVE in the
   live-build-cgi.debian.net service is just the empty string, suggesting that
   the LB_BOOTAPPEND_LIVE option was just appending to the default string but
   not setting it and falling back to the default if it was the empty string.

3. the naming of LB_BOOTAPPEND_LIVE which suggested it would just append to the
   boot options

Those things made me not search for the --bootappend-live option in the
debian-live manual. Searching for it now yields that everything is well
documented and I would've avoided the trouble and spared you another two
useless emails in your inbox, if I had RTFM. But maybe somebody with a similar
problem finds this email at some point.

Conclusion: to create a boot medium with persistence as the default, use:

	--bootappend-live "boot=live config quiet splash persistence"

cheers, josch

[1] http://mohan43u.wordpress.com/2010/11/04/howto-bake-persistent-live-usb-debian-way/
[2] http://chalsattack.com/tutorial_3/
[3] http://debian.profijt.info/?page_id=54