Re: Completely overriding the stock isolinux configuration

On 07/12/2013 02:07 AM, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> That is what I expected to happen, but that is not what happened.  As
> I said in my initial post,
> config/includes.binary/isolinux/isolinux.cfg.in was copied verbatim to
> binare/isolinux.  The .in suffix was not removed and the @...@ strings
> were not substituted.

now that i've looked at what i've done in git, i rember again (yes, this
applies to lb 4.x).

*.cfg is expanded with @APPEND_LIVE@, @APPEND_LIVE_FAILSAFE@,
@APPEND_INSTALL@, and @APPEND_INSTALL_FAILSAFE.

*.cfg.in not only expanded, but also looped over for every installed
kernel version.

unrelated to above, i'll be later changing that a bit so that whenever
an expansion is possible, the full set of variables can be used.

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net