Re: Live server sends email once per minute (for 5 hours)

On 07/10/2013 10:39 AM, Richard Nelson wrote:
> I took a quick look at the log files and the server is sending emails
> for submitted build requests. Here is one example and perhaps this
> information can assist is identifying who is actually submitting of the
> requests:
>
> Jul 07 09:54:15 localhost live-build-cgi: add web build
> (20130707.095415.783039348) from 71.211.232.159.

John, it appears that you, yourself, have submitted these. Compare with
this header line from your email to the list. Same ip#:

        by mx.google.com with ESMTPSA id
p10sm36695546igx.4.2013.07.09.15.46.36
        for <debian-live@lists.debian.org>
        (version=SSLv3 cipher=RC4-SHA bits=128/128);
        Tue, 09 Jul 2013 15:46:37 -0700 (PDT)

Here are two things to consider when getting "spurious" build requests:

1. is your web browser set up to re-open tabs that you had open before,
and if so, have you quit and restarted your browser one or more times
with the tab for the build open? if so, this submits additional build
requests.

2. have you manually refreshed the build request page? if so, this
submits additional build requests. (if your reason to refresh the page
was to check the build status, don't bother! not only does it submit
extra build requests per refresh, but it also does not provide "live"
info about your position in the queue / time estimate to complete, etc.)

Ben