persistence bug and tar image in latest version

Hello

1. I was using live-build 3.0.5-1 from Debian Wheezy. I try to use link persistence and have a problem at boot. The directory (or symbolic link I assume) /live/persistence is not created so my persistent and linked file targets a missing file). Manually creating /live/persistence according to my persistence partition solves this problem. (If i'm not wrong live-build 3.x is not supported anymore, so this is just a notice). I m checking if this bug still exists in 4.x version.

2. So rather than writing a hook to handle this problem, I tried to use latest live-build. I created a 4.0~a20-1 package and tried to build a wheezy live system on an empty tree with this config :
lb config noauto \
  --archive-areas "main contrib non-free" \
  --binary-image tar \
  --bootappend-live "boot=live config noeject noautologin persistence console=ttyS0,115200n8 console=tty1 ip=frommedia" \
  --chroot-filesystem squashfs \
  --debug \
  --distribution wheezy \
  --system live \
  --verbose

Build system i Wheezy amd64 and the output log is :

[2013-07-10 14:56:40] lb binary_iso
[2013-07-10 14:56:40] lb binary_netboot
[2013-07-10 14:56:40] lb binary_tar
P: Begin building binary tarball...
tar: live-image-amd64.: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
P: Begin unmounting filesystems...
P: Saving caches...
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done

So is this a (known) bug ? Is there a workaround ? Building hdd or iso image works so I assume I could build an iso/hdd image then mount it to build a tar by myself.

Thanks in advance.