Re: Someone else's customized live build - config options not in the docs

On 07/09/2013 11:25 AM, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> I am trying to customize an already-customized live CD (Tails:
> https://tails.boum.org/contribute/build/ ) and getting stuck on errors
> which suggest a version-skew issue, but I can't prove it.
> Specifically:
>
> Was there ever a version of live-build that recognized the config
> options --binary-indices, --includes, --packages-lists=standard,
> --syslinux-menu, --syslinux-splash, or --syslinux-timeout?  None of
> these appear in the documentation.

once upon a time, yes.

> Was there ever a version of live-build which automatically added
> auto/scripts to the PATH when executing auto/*?  This custom build's
> scripts appear to assume that this will happen.

never, and not even currently. those aren't injected into the PATH. they
are called automatically called by 'lb config', 'lb build' and 'lb clean'.

> I have a sid host system, so live-build 3.0.5-1.  A transcript of the
> failing 'lb config' operation is appended.  Thanks in advance for any
> help.  Please cc: me, I'm not subscribed.

You would be better off using live-manual and populating a brand new
config tree with options as needed, one customization at a time than
trying to upgrade someone else's out-of-date config on the fly like this.

Ben