Re: accessibility of the debian live installer

On 05/27/2013 12:19 PM, Ben Armstrong wrote:
On 05/27/2013 12:54 PM, Daniel Baumann wrote:
using the launcher, you only have as much accessibility support for d-i
as 'normal' gtk applications have support for on the live images.

not having any clue about accessibiltiy for visually impaired people, i
do not know what that means wrt/ orca or gtk or anything involved with
that. of course, any patches to improve/add stuff are more than welcome.
In case it helps (and like Daniel I have no idea about the particulars
of using orca either) the debian-installer-launcher when run from X will
default to the graphical interface. If it is "friendlier" to orca to use
the text interface, you can start that from a terminal with:

sudo debian-installer-launcher -t

Hey Ben thanks for the heads up on that! I will try that out. I'm not sure what the default password for root is on the live image do you?? I looked around on the site but didn't see where it mentioned the root password. Your help is appreciated.

Ben