Re: to not dispaly "Installer" and "Graphical Installer" in the startup menu

Thx, but howto get the a log of the build?

greetings
Piotr

on May 22, 2013, Ben Armstrong <synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:
On 21/05/13 08:58 PM, piotr wrote:
> I've installed live wheezy hdd without debian installer and without
> debian-installer-launcher.

Do you really mean "installed", as in, you are complaining about what
ends up in the target system after running the installer? Or do you
mean, perhaps, "built", which seems more likely?

> In /live/config/chroot_apt/preferences I have these entries:

Please don't just give us excerpts from your configuration where you
guess the problem is, but rather the whole configuration. Otherwise, we
can't tell what you've done. Please also include a log of the build. But
before you even do that, carefully examine both your configuration and
the log to see where you went wrong (and reread the Bugs section of
live-manual, particularly the part about testing with a minimal
configuration before reporting issues to isolate the problem).

Also, both of those preferences settings are make no sense. First, the
debian-installer negative pin doesn't make sense because
debian-installer isn't ever installed by apt into your chroot. The
installer is included in the binary stage, not the chroot stage, when
--debian-installer is not false (and false is the default). Second, the
negative pin of debian-installer-launcher makes no sense because there
is no package that even "Recommends: debian-installer-launcher".
Negative pins are for suppressing install of recommends as hinted in
live-manual, and are ineffective at preventing installs of packages
you've directly asked for. That is, if you list
debian-installer-launcher in one of your package lists, it will be
included. Otherwise, it won't be included. Besides which, even if the
launcher were included in your image, it would not cause the problem
you're complaining about.

In short, if there's a bug here where the Install options appear in your
boot menu, you should be able to reproduce it with a minimal
configuration with only the suspected option(s) (e.g. try "lb config -b
hdd" for starters). If you can't reproduce the problem that way, then
take a closer look at your config to see if there is some other option
that is involved, then retest with the next suspected option. By
following this systematic approach you can save us time by either
solving the issue on your own before reporting it, or reducing the
problem to a minimal configuration that the developers can easily
reproduce and start debugging.

Thanks,
Ben