Re: Debian 7.0.0 "Live" images

On Mon 13 May, Ben Armstrong wrote:

> On 05/13/2013 09:54 AM, Chris Bell wrote:
> >    Both the i386 Gnome and KDE versions refused to open without a user
> > password and both refused to shutdown without a root password.
>
> That sounds like live-config is not running. Which specific images did
> you use and how did you write them to the live media?
>
> Ben

   The 7.0.0-live images were downloaded as complete ISO images from
http://www.mirrorservice.org (University of Kent) using a dual core P4 with
RAID1 pair of discs running squeeze+KDE as normal and burned to DVD using
K3b on the same box, used for burning loads of DVDs, each one verified
immediately. The same box holds my local ftpsync mirror and is also used for
building jigdo images.
   I can get new images from cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/release if required.
I did notice that two complete sets of images were built in /.7.0.0-live,
one listed as +non-free, but only one set appeared in /release/

--
Chris Bell www.chrisbell.org.uk