Re: configure live wheezy hdd to not install some packages

On 23/04/13 06:01 PM, cc cc wrote:
> hi
>
> Howto configure live wheezy hdd, to not install some packages lile
> libreoffice, synaptic etc?
>
> I've tried to create config/chrrot_apt/preferneces file:
>
> Package: libreoffice
> Pin: version *
> Pin-Priority: -1
>
> Package: synaptic
> Pin: version *
> Pin-Priority: -1
>
> but it doesn't work.

As explained in the chapter on APT pinning, if you have a package that
you don't want installed that is *recommended* this will work.

Obviously that is not the case for your configuration, but since you
didn't share what your configuration is, we can't confirm that. You
likely have some package(s) that depend(s) on these. One popular package
that depends on libreoffice is the 'gnome' metapackage. If you don't
want that, then don't install it. Install some other metapackage(s) instead.

Ben