Re: Re: Encrypted persistent partition for Live Wheezy

# yes, basically the same procedure applies as to non-encrypted partitions.

This procedure works for me only for wheezy  hybrid-iso (downloaded from http://live.debian.net/cdimage/release/current-next/i386/iso-hybrid/) and non-encrypted partition.

It doesn't work if partition is encrypted. It seem that I'm doing something wrong.
Here's the procedure I'm using:
1. dd if=/path/to/iso of=/dev/sdX
2. fdisk /dev/sdX  etc... (creating new partition)
3. cryptsetup luksFormat /dev/sdXX
4. cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sdXX pers_part
5. mkfs.ext2 -L persistence /dev/mapper/pers_part
6. mount /dev/mapper/pers_part /mnt
7. vim /mnt/persistence.conf (and "/ union" inside)
8. umount /dev/mapper/pers_part
9. cryptsetup luksClose pers_part
10. reboot
11. in Debian Live menu: TAB and 'persistence' parameter.

PS
Persistence doesn't work for me also for custom builds (usb-hdd) created by live build (even with non encrypted partition)