Re: Keyboard layout is the wrong one

On 11/29/2012 08:59 AM, Anthony Bourguignon wrote:
> [ just in case.. for sid, you would want to do 'lb config -d sid' ]
>
> I've build an image with this command. I then booted on it, add the
> parameters for french keyboard layout at boot time. It's still in qwerty
> when I log in (instead of azerty as it should be).

So it looks like you have the wrong parameters.

In your original problem description you said:

> I've just build a live image (I'm using a "net" binary-image). I've
> set up the variables :
> LIVE_KEYBOARD_LAYOUTS=fr
> LIVE_KEYBOARD_VARIANT=oss
> but when I boot on this system, the keyboard remains in us layout.

You have apparently consulted old doc for those names. The correct doc is:

http://live.debian.net/manual-3.x/html/live-manual/customizing-run-time-behaviours.en.html#510

The name of the option is --keyboard-variants, not --keyboard-variant,
(and hence the name of the corresponding variable is
LIVE_KEYBOARD_VARIANTS). Check also the live-config man page for the
version in sid. It agrees.

Ben