Re: Decision 4 - Name of /lib/live/mount/rofs

On 10/03/2012 07:39 AM, Michal Suchanek wrote:
> How does this fit together with overlay(s)?
>
> Will the overlays be at lib/live/mount/filesystems/overlay or
> lib/live/mount/filesystems/home.overlay
> lib/live/mount/filesystems/var.overlay ?
>
> Also maybe consider something like components or root-layers.

I think "root-layers" is too narrow. Not all filesystems are layered
and/or live at the root e.g. home. And "components" is too broad as to
be nearly meaningless.

On the other hand, "filesystems" suggests individual filesystems that
stand alone from each other, which isn't accurate. So I have not yet
made up my mind as to the best name here.

Stepping back from the problem, what domain of user problems will
involve needing to know the names of these? Our terminology should be
related to and readily understood within that domain. Perhaps some use
cases would help us decide?

Ben