Re: Re: Re: Re: display a splash image before startup a live system

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 8:02 PM, upiter77@lycos.com <upiter77@lycos.com> wrote:
> Thx chals

You're welcome

> I've changed timeout from 5 to 50 in
> config/includes.binary/syslinux/syslinux.cfg:

Both are possible! I do not know to what extent there is a difference
between using 5 or 50. All I know is that it is expressed in "units of
1/10 seconds" as stated in the syslinux website. In my tests there is
no real difference in specifying either one or the other, both produce
a timeout of exactly five seconds. Even though it seems that "50" is
the usual way  to do it. So if you want a timeout of fifty seconds you
should write "500" :)

> and now it works well!

Anyway I'm glad it works for you ;)

By the way, in respect to this thread, I used to re-build a .deb in
order to achieve this as I explained in a previous mail, but it seems
that the embedded live-build theme overwrites my customizations. Well,
it is not a big deal since there is plenty of different ways of
achieving the same goal as described in the revised Bootloader chapter
of live-manual including Daniel's suggestion to include the files
locally in your config. I have tested it twice with success.

http://live.debian.net/manual-3.x/html/live-manual.en.html#556

> greetings

Greetings for you too.

--