--debian-installer "live" \ yet no installer option on Live CD bootloader.

Hello again everyone

I have successfully setup a live build of Debian Wheezy with MATE desktop environment. Everything is working as it should except the iso is missing an installer on the bootloader. In my auto script I have told the config to use the "live" installer yet there is no installer available. All that is listed is "Live" and "Live (Failsafe)" and these both, as they should, go straight to a working desktop.

Following the manual which says
12.1 Types of Debian Installer

The three main types of installer are:

"Regular" Debian Installer: This is a normal Debian Live image with a separate kernel and initrd which (when selected from the appropriate bootloader) launches into a standard Debian Installer instance, just as if you had downloaded a CD image of Debian and booted it. Images containing a live system and such an otherwise independent installer are often referred to as "combined images".

On such images, Debian is installed by fetching and installing .deb packages using debootstrap or cdebootstrap, from the local media or some network-based network, resulting in a standard Debian system being installed to the hard disk.

This whole process can be preseeded and customized in a number of ways; see the relevant pages in the Debian Installer manual for more information. Once you have a working preseeding file, live-build can automatically put it in the image and enable it for you.

"Live" Debian Installer: This is a Debian Live image with a separate kernel and initrd which (when selected from the appropriate bootloader) launches into an instance of the Debian Installer.

Installation will proceed in an identical fashion to the "Regular" installation described above, but at the actual package installation stage, instead of using debootstrap to fetch and install packages, the live filesystem image is copied to the target. This is achieved with a special udeb called live-installer.

After this stage, the Debian Installer continues as normal, installing and configuring items such as bootloaders and local users, etc.

Note: to support both normal and live installer entries in the bootloader of the same live media, you must disable live-installer by preseeding live-installer/enable=false.

The man page says

--debian-installer true|cdrom|netinst|netboot|businesscard|live|false
           defines which type, if  any,  of  the  debian-installer  should  be
           included in the resulting binary image. By default, no installer is
           included. All available flavours except live are the identical con-
           figurations  used  on  the  installer  media  produced  by  regular
           debian-cd.  When  live  is  choosen,  the  live-installer  udeb  is
           included  so that debian-installer will behave different than usual
           - instead of installing the debian system from  packages  from  the
           medium or the network, it installs the live system to the disk.

So I am assuming I have that part correct and that I am missing something else.

My auto/config is attached, I have stripped sections that been suggested I did not need and will strip more after this coming weekend.

Regards.
Michael.