Live CD curious error

I have built a live cd including the package xserver-xorg. The live cd works fine in virtualbox and boots correctly. However when I burned the ISO to a CD and booted it, the system stopped and output "Fatal: No Screens found"

As soon as I installed xserver-xorg-video-vesa, the GUI loaded with no problem.

My question is: Since xserver-xorg depends on xserver-org-video-all, how come xserver-xorg-video-all was not installed?

--
Robert