Re: Bug

Thanks to chals explanation that a live-persistence.conf is required in the root of the image file this has been resolved. I have tried to close the bug report I opened by emailing 685270-done@lists.debian.org.

I do feel that the live documentation needs work regarding this feature. As it reads now it sounds as though the live-persistence.conf file is optional (which it certainly isn't for images anyway) to the user to provide a greater mount of control over what is persisted beyond a default level. I do not know if this also affects standard partitions as well but if so in the live manual where it says "A volume with the label persistence can be configured to make arbitrary directories persistent." should read "A volume with the label persistence must be configured with live-persistence.conf file to use the persistence feature." and a link to the live-persistence.conf man page should be available as well as I only managed to find that by man within the chrooted sid environment. But, now that I have done so all is clear!