speed up boot, faster boot

Hey,

I am using debian live to build wheezy images. I run these images on my server, my computer, my virtualbox on work. Using debian-live allows me to have a fresh linux every time. I am using this kind of setup for about 3 years.

I would like to make the boot faster. Here is an example of my boot parameters:

boot=live quickreboot live-media=/dev/sda1 live-media-path=/livekde2/ hostname=mz-pc username=mz nottyautologin keyboard-layouts=be locales=nl_BE.UTF8 timezone=Europe/Brussels persistence persistence-storage=filesystem vga=791

Btw, another problem I ran into is that there is a limit to the length of the boot parameters string. If I add another parameter it is not passed to the system. Can I extend this limit?

1) The kernel/initrd is booted in 3,5s, then it takes an extra 7 a 8 secondens for the live-system to mount the squashfs and mount the persistence partition. Is there a way I can make this faster?
2) Is there anyone able to use fedora-readahead on a squashfs? When I try to profile it does not find a good device and gives an empty list. As alternative I use e4rat. (sourceforge). Disabled the ext4 restriction. Profiled and started the preread. This works.
3) Any other tips? Caching?
Other then recompiling kernel en disabling unnecessary services.

Thank you!

Malic

--
Malic Zilyas