Wheezy and wirless network connection problem

Hi,

I have been tracking Wheezy live for a time, since somewhere around
end of July I can't connect to the wireless network I have. It used to
work with the live build but I guess something interesting happened in
July :-)

I connect using WPA-PSK. The network manager in gnome does display a
list of available networks. I can see my network listed but it is not
possible to connect to it. When selected in networkmanager, nothing
more happens.
There used to be a dialogue asking for the password.

If I select the manual configuration and fill in network name and
password and continue. nothing more happens no network connection is
established.

If I use a network cable it is possible "surf/access" the web.

There is nothing wrong with the wireless HW since it is working in
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. The computer is an ASUS EEEPC 900.

I have prepared the Wheezy live USB using the the recommended steps in
the manual available on live.debian.net

I am using the latest live build from debian repository.

Version of live build is :3.0~a57-1
I built the live system on 25:th of August 2012.

I haven't written a bug report yet.

There have been some reports on the net with ath5K and timeouts
happening but I can't see any mention of this in the logfiles on my
live system.

Best regards,
David
PS, I have subscribed to the list.