Re: Various bugs in live-debconfig with regards to lxc

On 08/05/2012 07:37 PM, Jon Severinsson wrote:
Unfortunately, update-rc.d don't remember that you have done so,
and will re- add them on upgrades/reinstalls of the package
providing them (initscripts). I have no idea how to work around
that...

that's why we were using disable instead of remove, to workaround
excately that. seems that's not working with those that only have K*
links then. i'll have to check later on that how we can best
workaround that too.

Well, working until upgrade is better than not working at all ;), but yes, in
the long run a better workaround is needed.

...but we can replace the links with links to /bin/true, and update-rc.d will leave them alone on upgrades. i've reworked the logic and came up with this, if i may say so, quite elegant way (needs no hardcoding of any service name for the handling of the removal/disabling/replacing method):

  http://live.debian.net/gitweb?p=live-debconfig.git;a=commitdiff;
  h=1c5720213ecd04a519c54b7e1f40597e697f630b

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net