Re: kernel and wifi

On 07/16/2012 12:20 PM, Klaus Becker wrote:
> thanks for information. That's what I understood, but I waited for confirmation.
>
> I shall perform a regular install to the flash disk.
>
> I have another question: why are live systems always on fat32 filesystem and not ext2, ext3, ext4 filesystem?

Simpler for the bootloader to deal with. We use syslinux, which likes FAT. Besides which, none of
the additional features offered by these filesystems really makes a difference at this level. All of
the important stuff (the live filesystem itself) is inside of the squashfs which is not FAT, anyway.

Ben