Re: About d-i pressed.cfg

i just want to disable the automatic netinstall that starts after live cd is copied and repository mirror should be set to http://ftp.us.debian.org

i have found that installer does not store repository addresses if we disable the net install option.

user can update security and other apps when he wants after hdd installation..no need to include this utility esp in live cds.

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 5:57 PM, Diederik de Haas <didi.debian@cknow.org> wrote:
On Thursday 12 July 2012 13:54:39 Harshad Joshi wrote:
> Has anybody modified or tweaked preseed.cfg that has hooks related to d-i?

Below are some lines which should work, but don't and therefor I've commented
them out.
# Run late_command script to set additional things up
#d-i preseed/include string /core-pkgs.cfg
#d-i preseed/late_command string preseed_fetch /scripts/late_command.sh
/root/late_command.sh > /dev/null
#d-i preseed/run string /scripts/late_command.sh

Note that I haven't tried hooks with absolute urls, since I want my scripts to
be portable. But one should be able to (for example) wget <url> and then execute
it in late_command.

> I would like to see a working example of it.

Me too

> Weblinks can also do good.

The most extended and likely accurate examples I've found are on Philip Hands'
site, who's also the maintainer of the preseed (src) package:
- http://hands.com/d-i/

Other links:
- http://www.lackof.org/taggart/hacking/d-i_preseed/
- http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/apbs05.html#preseed-hooks