live-build not including package-lists

At some point live-build changed the config structure.  There used to be a chroot_local-packageslists where I would keep my .list file that included all the additional packages I wanted the build to include.
Now it _appears_ that has been moved to config/package-lists.  I moved my .list file to /config/package-lists/my.list.chroot.  However, when I run `lb build` the packages are not attempted to be installed.  I'm really at a loss for what might be the issue.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!