Re: live-config, live-boot not working in sid

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 7:00 AM, Juergen Fiedler
<juergen.fiedler@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This may be another one of those "don't use sid, dummy!" items, but I
> thought I'd put it out there, anyway:

I could be wrong, but I think I have read that using the sid/unstable
packages is the recommended way -- something to do with the snapshots
not being updated any more.

> I create a very basic sid based live CD using live-build 3.0~a45-1 on a sid
> machine:
>     lb config -d sid && lb build
>
> When I boot the resulting ISO, none of the configuration options from the
> command line takes, and the image does not automatically log in.
> Scrolling up a little, I see a message:
>     cat: /proc/cmdline: No such file or directory

I have experienced this too [1].

> One thing I noticed is that /etc/init.d/live-config does not seem quite
> correct: It looks like the dependency for mountkernfs should be in
> the Required-Start section, not in X-Start-Before.
> Nonetheless, changing that, and even adding mountkernfs to
> the Required-Start section of /etc/init.d/live-boot does not fix the issue.
>
> IIs anybody else able to build a working sid image right now, and is there a
> trick to it that I am missing?

If there is a trick, I am missing it too :/

Anyhow, as a workaround, I am currently removing the mountkernfs
reference altogether. Again, this is just a workaround while I wait
for someone with more knowledge on the subject to issue a fix. If you
are interested, there is a previous discussion on the subject[2].

[1]: http://lists.debian.org/debian-live/2012/03/msg00018.html
[2]: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=653673

Cheers,
 -- Philip