Encountered a section with no Package: header

I have live-build 3.0~a43-1 on a wheezy/sid x86_64 system. I'm using
the three default auto/{build,clean,config} files. Running

  lb clean
  lb build

No ISO is being created. The end of output (and binary.log) is:

  [...]
  Get:5 http://cdn.debian.net wheezy/main Translation-en [3725 kB]
  Fetched 18.3 MB in 5s (3570 kB/s)
  W: Failed to fetch copy:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/cdn.debian.net_debian_dists_wheezy_main_i18n_Translation-en  Encountered a section with no Package: header

  E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
  P: Begin unmounting filesystems...
  P: Saving caches...
  Reading package lists...
  Building dependency tree...
  Reading state information...

That's it. No further output, no new file in the top level directory
except binary.log and chroot.packages.live.

I don't know whose bug this is, so I try the mailing list as first
address.

Thanks,
--
andreas